With the passage of SB 1626 in 1998, state law requires security guards in Kindergarten through 12th grade (K-12) school districts or California community college districts to complete a course of training developed by the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS). The law applies to campus security personnel working on school property for more than 20 hours per week.
Students will learn:
- Role and Responsibility of School Security Officer
- Laws and Liability
- Security Awareness in the Educational Environment
- Mediation/Conflict Resolution
- Disasters and Emergencies
- Dynamics of Student Behavior
- The training requirement affects only guards employed pursuant to a contract between a K-12 school district or California community college district and a private patrol operator.
- Pass written exam
- Mandated Training for School Security Guards SB 1626 through ASC Training Academy
- ASC Certificate of Completion
Duration: 24 Hours
Course Cost: $300.00
* Cost includes all supplies, fingerprinting and application fees